“I believe that for every illness or ailment known to man… a plant out here… will heal it. We just need to keep discovering the properties for natural healing.” ― Vannoy Gentles Fite
Those who have the joy of formulating organic preparations know they are tapping onto the power of nature’s apothecary. The win here is that the body recognizes natural ingredients and knows exactly what to do with them and where they’re needed most. Can’t say that of the artificial lab-generated products toted to supply what’s needed.
Better Health spells it our perfectly; ‘Pharmaceutical medications are based on man-made versions of naturally occurring compounds found in plants. For instance, salicylic acid is found in the plant meadowsweet and is used to make aspirin. Aspirin can cause the lining of the stomach to bleed, but meadowsweet naturally contains other compounds that prevent irritation from salicylic acid.’
There are several reasons why you might choose an organic herbal preparation over a conventional one:
- Reduced Exposure to Pesticides and Herbicides: Organic herbs are grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and herbicides, which can be harmful to human health. Studies have linked exposure to these chemicals to various health problems, including cancer, reproductive disorders, and neurological damage.
- Higher Levels of Bioactive Compounds: Organic herbs may contain higher levels of bioactive compounds, such as antioxidants and vitamins, than conventional herbs. This is because organic farming practices help to promote the production of these compounds.
- Improved Taste and Quality: Many people report that organic herbs have a better taste and aroma than conventional herbs. This is likely due to the fact that organic herbs are not exposed to synthetic chemicals that can affect their flavor.
- Reduced Pollution: Organic farming practices help to reduce pollution by preventing the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. These chemicals can contaminate water sources and harm wildlife.
- Improved Soil Health: Organic farming practices help to improve soil health by promoting the growth of beneficial microorganisms. Healthy soil is essential for healthy crops.
- Conservation of Biodiversity: Organic farming practices help to conserve biodiversity by providing habitat for pollinators and other beneficial insects.
- Personal Satisfaction: Many people find satisfaction in knowing that they are making choices that are good for their health and the environment.
"Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience." –Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to choose an organic herbal preparation is a personal one. However, there are many good reasons to consider making this choice, both for your health and the environment.