The steam distilled leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree becomes what we know as Tea Tree oil. For external use only, this potent antibacterial, antiseptic has been in use for decades. Whether in aromatherapy application or used topical or in an air diffuser, tea tree oil is a beneficial product to have in your home.
Tea tree oil is predominantly an immune stimulant that eliminates viruses, fungi and antibiotic resistant bacteria
On contact, tea tree oil is the right preparation to soothe many unpleasant ailments such as:
- Head lice
- Athlete’s foot
- Allergic rashes
But that is by no means all. Tea tree oil has many and varied uses and could be a useful item in your first-aid box or medicine cabinet.
- Inhaled in diffusers, tea tree oil reduces brain-fog, fatigue and anxiety from stress.
- In household use, tea tree oil is a great insect repellant, sanitizes laundry and is used in handmade soaps and air fresheners.
- Tea Tree oil eliminates mould so, in dilution, it cleans dishwashers and shower curtains and the like.
- A few drops on your pillow induces sleep. A few drops in a humidifier and it becomes a decongestant and relieves respiratory discomfort. In a bath skin inflammation can be soothed with a few drops of tea tree oil added to the warm water.
- For hair care, it will eradicate lice and nits, dandruff. It also stimulates the scalp and encourages growth of healthy hair.
- For the skin, tea tree oil relieves acne and skin blemishes 0 even dissolving skin tags. Mix about 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- To heal and clean wounds, tea tree oil is super effective, and heals scar tissue.
Safety Tips for Tea Tree Oil
With it’s pungency, there are a few precautions you should be aware of:
- Pregnant women and anyone with hormone-sensitive types of cancer should not use it.
- Dilute your essential oil with a good carrier oil - olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil.
- Avoid sensitive areas such as around the eyes or genitals.
- For external use only.
In summary; Tea tree oil is in an essential oil to have handy in your home. the precious liquids usually comes in small bottles, which make it hand to keep in a few places if you acquire a couple of bottles at a time.
NB: All SUPERSALVE products are completely free from petrochemicals and parabens
Visit www.supersalve.co.za – orders over R780 are couriered free of charge to your door.