Your holiday, whether it be a Staycation or a Vacation elsewhere, can be spoiled if you or one of your family presents with a toothache. While dental practices may be open when it’s not a weekend or public holiday, we know all too often that’s exactly when one of the children starts complaining about toothache, right? And this time of the year is packed with public holidays.
Determining the State of the Toothache Emergency
Pain for longer than two days, accompanied by fever, red, swollen gums and offensive=smelling discharge, difficulty swallowing or breathing and if a tooth has been injured, means you need to locate a dentist practice wherever you are.
Other than the above, follow one or more of the recommendations that follow to manage the situation without exacerbating things, till you can get help.
Top Five Strategies for Managing Toothache
- Garlic – is one of nature’s most powerful antibacterial weapons. It prevents dental plaque but it is also an analgesic (pain-reliever). Slowly chew (if you still can)a garlic clove crushed to a pulp, add a little salt.
- Peppermint Tea Bags – use dampened by hot water, warm if you prefer, and keep it against the infected area, alternatively, put the dampened bag into the freezer for a few minutes and use them as a cold compress
- Wheatgrass Juice – use as a mouthwash to reduce inflammation and prevent infection
- Tea Tree Oil – a drop or two into a small amount of water and hold in the moth for as long as possible – 30 seconds or more, using it to ‘pull’ the mouth then spit out. Antiseptic and amazing relief. Repeat as often as you like.
- Supersalve Gum Drops – a combination of Calendula, eucalyptus, grapeseed oil, and St John’s wort, all you need is to apply a drop on a clean finger and apply to the tooth. Keep this up as often as m=needed till you can get to a dentist.
Supersalve Gum Drops are a combination nature's perfect apothecary for soothing the gums of teething babies. Rub gently onto gums with a clean fingertip when baby fusses due to teething pain.
It makes a lot of sense to have Supersalve Gum Drops as part of your family's first-aid kite at home and on holiday. It will retard the situation till proper attention is available.
Order for yourself from the Supersalve shop and gift it to others with confidence. Equip varsity kids in the New year with their own bottle of gumdrops if they are boarding away from home.
Use it for post dental recuperation too and for any sign of gum trouble in all ages at all stages.
Domestic Pets have Toothache too
Pets with foul breath are most likely suffering with tooth decay and pain. To assist them till you can get to the vet for examination, Supersalve gumdrops can be applied to the gums around the infected tooth.
NB: All SUPERSALVE products are completely free from petrochemicals and parabens
Visit www.supersalve.co.za – orders over R680 are couriered free of charge to your door.